The Neat HourGlass
To determine if you are a Neat Hourglass Body shape, look at yourself in the mirror in your underwear. Stand with your legs together and your arms a bit away from your sides. Examine the area from under your arms, past your bust and ribcage, over your waist and hips to the fullest part of your thighs. Then compare yourself to the image and review the questions and characteristics below. We suggest you look at all the body shapes to find your closest match.
BODY SHAPE STYLE ADVICE
- Wear the same size top and bottom?
- Have a clearly defined waist?
- Have clearly defined bust?
- Have a curved bottom?
YOUR BUILD IS CHARACTERISED BY:
- A defined bust
- A defined waist
- A neat bottom
- Neat hips
OTHER BODY SHAPE TENDENCIES
If you have gained or lost weight many times your body shape can change into another one. Read below to see what other body shape tendencies you might have:
- Extra weight around your hips can make you lean towards a pear shape
- Extra weight around your waist can make you lean towards an apple
- A fuller bust, hip and tummy can make you lean towards a full hourglass
GENERAL RULES FOR YOUR BODY SHAPE AND HOW TO CREATE VISUAL BALANCE:
Follow your bodyline - avoid details around bust, tummy and hips. Keep detail in top and lower thirds.
- You need to wear shaped and fitted lines in order to follow your body lines
- Follow your body line - that defines your waist, enhances your bust and highlights your hips and bottom
- This is the classic feminine shape and is most flexible when it comes to wearing different styles and shapes in clothing
YOU SHOULD AVOID:
- Any styles and shapes that hide your body shape. They will add extra volume to your waist
Back to style advice