PRIVACY STATEMENT & DATA POLICY
Pookie Ltd is a company registered in England with company number 06999710
Registered office: Pookie Ltd, Pot House Hamlet, Silkstone, Barnsley, S75 4JU
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Pookie, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights and the confidentiality of the personal information which you provide us with. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Pookie is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Pookie uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Pookie to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Promotional Marketing communications
Pookie uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest Pookie offers.
Pookie aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time.
How to opt out of marketing communication from Pookie
Email – To opt out of email communication please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email we sent you. Alternatively contact us via email email@example.com with details of which communication you wish to unsubscribe from.
Post- To opt out of postal communication contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01226 792555 with details of which communication you wish to unsubscribe from.
Telephone - To opt out of postal communication contact us via email email@example.com or telephone 01226 792555 with details of which communication you wish to unsubscribe from.
Pookie Loyalty scheme
If you are a member of Pookie Loyalty scheme, we may collect data directly from you, as well as analysing your browsing and purchasing activity, both on-line and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing).
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Pookie only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Pookie and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Pookie will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- our carefully selected partners who provide Pookie branded products and services (for example energy suppliers), if we have your consent to do so;
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT
Pookie may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on Pookie websites;
- your password(s);
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Pookie; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Pookie is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below
Legal basis for Pookie processing customer personal data
Pookie collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Pookie, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering the Sparks loyalty scheme);
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Pookie, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Pookie;
-effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Pookie; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.