Personal style is not just something we automatically have. The reality is that personal style takes work. Even the most fashion conscious need to revaluate their styles. This should come as welcome news to anyone who’s finding it hard to create a wardrobe that reflects who they are and their lifestyle.
We asked Margaret one of our personal sales consultants at Pookie questions about her style.
You can also ask yourself these questions to help you learn about yourself and, ultimately, bring your personal style to life.
1. What words would you use to describe your style? (Examples: quirky, polished, bold, experimental, cheerful, comfortable, and sleek) Take a moment to think about the overall vibe of your style. What are some descriptive words that come to mind?
Classic & Stylish
2. What is your favourite outfit that you have right now?
Noisy May cropped Trousers and Made In Italy linen top.
3. What are your top 5 essential clothing staples?
Top, Trousers, Handbag, Chunky Necklace and sparkly sandals
4. What items do you repeatedly wear?
In the summer time I repeatedly wear my cropped trousers and loose fitting tops.
5.What are your four favourite pieces in your wardrobe right now?
Noisy May cropped Trousers
Made In Italy linen oversize top
Vero Moda white Seven jeans
Vila clothes stripe maxi dress
6. Is there any person or character whose style you really admire?
A younger Joan Collins
7. If you could raid anyone’s wardrobe, who would it be?
8. Is there a certain city or country who you think has great style?
Italy & France
9. Which colours/patterns do you love to wear the most?
Bright Colours. I love blues and cerise
10. Any trends you wish were never created?
RA-RA skirt and shell suits
11.What do you think are the best trends ever?
The tailored pencil skirt suit worn with court shoes
12.Do you have any clothing goals right now?
No, not at the moment
13. Favourite season to dress in?
Winter is my favourite season. I love the fabrics, layering and accessories.
14. Which clothes from what decade or era do you think should make a comeback?
Big padded shoulders from the 1990’s
15.When you walk into your wardrobe, what is missing? Where are the holes in your current wardrobe?
A cocktail dress.
16.Why do you like fashion?
I like getting dressed up as it makes me feel good and to be complimented on my outfit is a real boost.
17.Now, based off your answers, what’s the best name for your personal style?
18. What do you want your style to say about who you are? At the end of the day,what do you want your wardrobe to say about you?
Smart and stylish
19. What are the first items you gravitate toward when shopping?
Tops, Shoes and jewellery
20. How does your style fit into your lifestyle?
I like to look smart but casual but also feel comfortable at the same time.
A big thank you to Margaret one of our longest serving personal sales consultants, who has been at at Pookie Womenswear over 10 years.
Photography by: Mikael Lamber